Who doesn’t love a stack of hot pancakes? They bring out the kid in all of us.These pancakes are the perfect antidote for those who thought they’d have to swear off pancakes forever. Greek yogurt and egg whites provide satisfying protein, and a healthy dose of oats provide fibre.The blueberry sauce adds natural sweetness. The photo above shows a single serving (3 small pancakes and 1/4 cup blueberries), for a total of 28 g carbohydrate per serving (including 1/4 cup of blueberries). Perfect for kids of all ages.
Recipe: Protein Pancakesprint
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 6 raw, large egg whites
- 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 individual packets of stevia powder
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp oil or butter, for the pan
You will need a blender for this recipe.
- Add oats to a blender and whir until they break down to a flour-like consistency.
- Add egg whites, yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon and sweetener and blend until mixed.
- Add oil or butter to a non-stick pan or griddle. Swirl and heat pan to medium. Add 1/4 cup of pancake mixture per pancake. You may have to make pancakes in batches.
- Cook pancakes until the underside is golden brown, then flip and cook other side until golden. You may have to do this in batches. The recipe makes about 9 pancakes total.
- Head blueberries in microwave just until saucy, about 30 seconds, then pour over pancakes.
This recipe makes 3 servings.
Nutrition for one serving is as follows:
1 serving (as shown) equals 28 carbohydrates total (4 grams net carbs)
Copyright © 2015 Bite Diabetes. All Rights Reserved.