We all know that chia seeds are good for you, but it’s not always easy to figure out ways to eat them. And then I tried chia seed pudding. Chia seed pudding has started to show up in cookbooks and the recipe section of magazines. It is similar to tapioca or rice pudding, and this one features the luscious flavours of banana and pistachios. This one-serving version has an amazing 8 grams of dietary fiber and 9 grams of protein. Put it in your prettiest small bowl (even a small mason jar will do) and refrigerate it overnight.
Recipe: Banana-Nut Chia Seed Puddingprint
- 1/2 skim milk
- 2 Tbsp white chia seeds
- 1/4 medium banana
- 1/4 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pistachio nuts, chopped
- Milx milk with chia seeds.
- Mash 1/4 of the banana and add it to the mixture. Add vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with chopped pistachios and serve.
This recipe makes 1 servings.
Nutrition for one serving is as follows:
Copyright © 2015 Bite Diabetes. All Rights Reserved.